Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 220: Relapse (trip to Shipshewana, IN!)

So on Wednesday, my mom and I took a trip to Amish country: Shipshewana, Indiana!

We had such a fun day eating, shopping, and exploring. I was also really inspired by all of the Amish quilts that I saw throughout the day. Last night, I could hardly fall asleep because I was trying to figure out how to do some of the quilts that I saw!

A few of my favorite parts of the day:


  • A fabric store that had more fabric than I ever dreamed possible!!!!!!
  • Taste testing a gazillion different cheeses at the cheese factory
  • A delicious cinnamon roll that words cannot even describe.
  • My mom being recognized at a furniture store because she frequents it so often!
  • Amish quilts--my mom got me a quilt hot pad souvenir!
  • A great tea shop that we ended up getting 3 different teas to try--above is Caramel Creme!
  • Taffy and those hilarious egg gummies pictured above
  • And most importantly, a wonderful day spent with my mom! We had a great time that included laughing, good conversation and even some tears! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment