Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette

Check out this gorgeous salad!

 Surprisingly, I have never made my own salad dressing before. I say surprisingly because...it is so easy that I have no idea why I never made any. It feels great actually knowing what I'm putting on my salad instead of just dousing it with dressing that has a gazillion preservatives in it and who knows what else.

 This recipe comes once again from the Telltale Farms newsletter that coincides with our CSA box. The picture above utilizes the lettuce, strawberries, garlic, and thyme that we received in our box.


You will need:

3 Tablespoons of lemon juice

Lemon zest from half a lemon

1 small garlic clove, finely minced

1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced

3 teaspoons honey

2 teaspoons rice or balsamic vinegar

½ cup extra virgin olive oil

Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Here is what you do:

1. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except the olive oil, salt, and pepper.

2. While you are whisking, add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream. Continue whisking until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Correct the seasonings (you might want to add more vinegar or honey) and add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment