Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 139: Cooking Chickpea Avocado Tacos

Time: Four hands make light work--15 minutes?
Listening to: I've been enjoying MissIndie's playlist today

My husband and I made one of my favorite recipes today! I don't remember where I found this recipe oh so long ago but I've been making it and loving it for a while now!

Chickpea Avocado Tacos



















What you need:

1 avocado
1 can of chickpeas
1 garlic clove (minced)
3 tablespoon cilantro
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

First you need to mash the avocado. To pick out a good avocado, just feel how soft it is. If it is hard, then it isn't ripe. A soft (but not squishy) avocado will be the easiest to mash and the tastiest. I like to cut the avocado in half and then use a spoon to scoop out the good stuff.

Drain the chickpeas, wash them, and then pour into the bowl of mashed avocado. Stir together. Mince the garlic and the cilantro. Add both into the mixture. Add a squirt of lemon juice. We didn't have lemon juice today so we added pineapple juice which tasted pretty good!

Feel free to taste at any point of the process and add whatever flavoring you'd like. Usually salt and pepper is enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment