Wednesday, April 17, 2013

M&M Cookie Bars

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and was eager to make it. I've been on a healthy baking kick but I have some visitors (my parents!!) coming to town and wanted to make something super duper tasty....so I decided to try these bars out. I made a few alterations--just for kicks--and am happy with how they turned out!


Preheat oven to 325. 9x13 pan, greased


Mix together:

2 1/8 cup flour (weird, right?)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

In another bowl whisk together:

10 T butter, melted
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3 Tablespoons egg substitute
1 egg yoke
2 teaspoons vanilla

Combine all ingredients. Then fold in 1 cup of a 12 oz bag of M&Ms (I used dark chocolate).  Pour into prepared 9x13 pan--and top with remaining M&Ms.

Cook for 25-30 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment