Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Item of the Day: 5 Year Journal

I can't believe it, folks, but I've officially been keeping a journal for three years now. I've never been able to make this commitment  before in my whole life. Find any journal from my life and usually it starts..."So I've decided to keep a journal..." and then three entries later...silence. So why now?

Because of this little gem...

One Line a Day: A Five Year Memory Book
From Chronicle Books

The great thing about this journal is that it is only one line a day! Just summarize what happened in that day. And then once you've done a year...you can start seeing what happened to you on that same day the year before. It is funny to see the similarities...like for three years in a row I've been sick in the month of April. Or for three years in a row, I've had a visit from my friend, Rachel. It is great to see the parallels and also to help me remember the small stuff in life.

I cannot recommend this journal more. I'm considering stocking up on them for life. Let's see...if I live to be 80 and its a five year journal, I'll need....



No comments:

Post a Comment