Monday, November 4, 2013

Banana Bread Oatmeal Bake

Over the weekend, I found myself hungry with almost nothing in our cupboards. (I find that this occasionally happens when you grocery shop by bike only...) I saw this recipe over here and somehow had all of the ingredients!  So I whipped up a pan and devoured it. Delicious!



What you need:

2 cups old fashioned oats
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Here is what you do:

Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8x8 pan.

Combine and mix all of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Whisk in the eggs and then mix in the remaining ingredients.  Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir. Once mixed thoroughly, pour into the 8x8 pan. 

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until set.

Enjoy!

1 comment: