Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Delicious Escarole Soup with Turkey Meatballs

My sister-in-law threw this recipe in my general direction and I snatched it up. I honestly wasn't even sure what escarole was  but I thought I would give it a chance still since I'm always looking for easy, tasty soup recipes. I gave it a whirl and I am so glad I did!


Let's jump in, shall we?

For meatballs you need:

1.3 lb ground turkey breast
1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup parsley--chopped
1 large egg
1/4 cup onion, minced
1/4 tsp salt

Combine the ingredients and form small meatballs.

For soup you need:

8 cups broth
1/2 cup orzo
1 head chopped escarole
Sprinkle of pepper

In a large pot, bring broth to a boil on medium heat. Add the meatballs, escarole and orzo when it boils.  Add fresh pepper and cook for 10 minutes or until orzo is done.

Enjoy, eat up, and try not to fight over the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment