Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 307: Popcorn Balls!

Time: 1/2 hour?
Listening to: Nothing

I grew up with this fantastic popcorn ball recipe and have always LOVED it. I got the hankering for some popcorn balls the other day so I dug out the recipe and gave it a whirl today. My mom gave me a few hints which helped make it super easy!

Popcorn Balls


You need:
3 quarts of popcorn
1/8 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of butter
1/2 lb of marshmallows
Food coloring optional

Pop your popcorn! Pull out as many of the unpopped kernels that you can....this will save your teeth later. Melt the butter for 30 seconds. Add in sugar and marshmallows and heat for 1 minute. Stir. If it hasn't melted all the way, heat for additional 1 minute. Add in food coloring if desired. Once melted, pour over popped popcorn.

Once everything is all mixed, coat your hands in a layer of butter. This is so helpful otherwise it is a sticky mess. Make a fist sized ball of popcorn that is nice and tight. This recipe makes about 10 medium sized popcorn balls. Wrap individually if you aren't going to consume all of them immediately.*

*I had seriously forgotten just how delicious these are. My plan was to wrap them individually but once I tasted them...nope. Not even going to last that long...

No comments:

Post a Comment