Saturday, February 2, 2013

Healthier No-Bake Cookies

Time: 1/2 hour
Listening to: Grace Potter
Drinking: Diet Pepsi
Eating: Kale chips from yesterday

I've been wanting to try some baking that is a bit healthier than I typically make. I LOVE sweet things...love, love, love them. So I figured if I can make some recipes that are even a little bit healthier than normal, I'd be doing good. First recipe up to bat is...no-bake cookies!


Add in a medium saucepan:

*1 ripe banana, mashed
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
pinch of salt

Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Let mixture boil for one minute. Remove from heat and let mixture cool for one minute.

Add in:
 
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups instant oats

Drop onto waxed paper and let cool.

*I only had a small banana, so I ended up using a little bit of butter, too

No comments:

Post a Comment