Friday, May 16, 2014
Brown Sugar Cookies
I've been using this site that lists recipes based off of the ingredients you have in your fridge/cupboards. So today when I got the itch to make some cookies, I went on there and found that I had all of the ingredients for these cookies.
You will need:
1/2 cup butter
1/8 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, divided
1 cup and 1 tablespoon flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
Here is what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup brown sugar and the white sugar. Set aside.
3. In a microwavable bowl, melt the butter completely. When the butter has slightly cooled, mix in 3/4 cups brown sugar, egg, and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder. Stir flour mixture to the butter mixture until combined thoroughly. Form dough into balls and drop into the sugar mixture until coated. Place onto two parchment lined baking sheets.
5. Bake about 12 minutes, let cool, and transfer to wire rack to cool.