Thursday, July 31, 2014

July Focus: Memoirs


I read A Girl Named Zippy about six years ago and  I've been a sucker for memoirs ever since. I love having the chance to see glimpses into another person's life--and when the voice is unique and the stories are powerful...it is the perfect combination! I had been stockpiling a couple memoirs for quite some time now so I figured July would be a great month to focus on them.

Wow--I read a heck of a lot of books this month! Here is the list:

Read: My Stroke of Insight
Read: My Brain on Fire
Read: The Bedwetter
Read: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Read: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Read: I Was Told There'd Be Cake
Read: Breaking Night
Read: Are you there, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea
Read: This Boy's Life
Read: The Duke of Deception
Reading: Same Kind of Different As Me



Let me know if you have any memoirs to recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment