Sunday, April 8, 2012

Day 100: Cooking and an Easter Extravaganza!

My husband and I hosted Easter this year!


 Easter is such a special time to spend with family and today I was really reminded of how blessed I am. My parents came up to visit our church for the first time and it was so nice having them there. Our organist really was rocking out today so it was fun to hear all of the pipes blaring! It was also really special because the choir sang "The Lord Bless You and Keep You" which is a song that my mom and I used to sing together when I was a little girl. She'd come upstairs to my room to tuck me in and we'd sing together. It has always been a special song for us and it was such a surprise to hear the choir start singing it!



After church, my brother and sister-in-law came over, too! Everyone brought different elements of the dinner so we didn't have to make everything..whew! We did tackle the ham this year and I was pleasantly surprised to find out how easy it is to bake a ham! And so tasty. We have enough leftover ham to last us this whole week...and beyond! We used a spiral ham and put some pineapple juice/chunks in the bottle of the pan while we cooked it. Then we just followed the directions and put the glaze on top when it told us to! Luckily, my dad tackled carving it so I didn't have to do that. We also had mashed potatoes, rolls, roasted veggies, fruit salad...mm mm mm! So delicious. I ate so much I can't believe I'm still thinking about food...

Isn't this picture adorable?


We also had Easter baskets! Isn't this picture awesome? I love Laura's expression!


We then decorated Easter eggs! We do it every year...since a couple of years ago. It is fun being creative with my family!




No comments:

Post a Comment