Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 251: Baking Banana Bread

Time: One hour and fifteen minutes (includes baking time...)
Listening to: Ellie Goulding on Spotify

We had three soon to be smelly bananas on our counters so I figured it would be a grand ol' time to make some banana bread. The recipe comes from a cookbook that my grandma gave me for a wedding shower present. The recipe says it is from Phyllis Vos...so wherever you are...thank you for your contribution. It is a pretty tasty recipe! I did do one small alteration but still, Phyllis...a very nice recipe...

While making this loaf of bread, I  was busy thinking about my sister and how amazing she is. She is more than 8 1/2 months pregnant and has a very active two year old and yet she texts me things like..."I made three homemade pies today!" She just whips out these tasty creations! So while I didn't quite reach her caliber tonight, I did make one tasty loaf of bread!

On to the recipe!

Banana Bread


1  cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 up melted butter
3 mashed bananas
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Beat together sugar, melted butter and egg. Add mashed bananas. Mix together flour, soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix well. Add chocolate chips and stir. Put in greased loaf pan and bake 1 hour at 375 degrees. 


No comments:

Post a Comment