Friday, January 25, 2013

Baked Cinnamon Anytime Bites

Time: Under an hour including cleanup
Listening to: My Top Rated mix on itunes
Drinking: Crystal Light Peach Tea

Folks, it has been so long since I baked anything! I have been craving/needing something sweet for a while now and have just been too lazy to do anything about it! But alas, I've turned the corner on baking laziness. I saw this recipe over here and got to it.

Baked Cinnamon Anytime Bites



What you need:

1 1/3 cups flour
1 cup rice cereal, coarsely crushed
2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter flavored shorting (I used butter instead)
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted
  
--Mix flour, cereal, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt
--Cut in shorterning (butter) with fork until it is crumbly
--Add milk and stir just until moistened
--Roll into 1 inch balls
--Melt butter and in a seperate bowl combine cinnamon and sugar
--Drop balls into the melted butter then roll in cinnamon/sugar mixt
--Place balls into a greased 8 or 9 inch round pan
--Bake at 425 for 15-18 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment