Saturday, January 19, 2013

DIY Dinosaur Print Sweatshirt

Time: 2 hours total?
Listening to: Birdy
Drinking: Two buck chuck



I saw this shirt from Zara and was convinced that I could make one myself. My first step was procuring a cheap shirt from Old Navy. I then proceeded to wear that shirt once just in case if I ruined it with my fabric paint. After being satisfied in my wearing experience, I decided to get to it.

I first traced a dinosaur I found from a good ol' Google search. Then I cut it out in some foamy material that I found. I had some leftover fabric paint from this project so I decided to use that. It is a dark blue so I was so scared of messing up some place and then ruining my soon to be dino shirt. But, after a few sips of my wine and some encouraging words from my hubby...I painted and printed away.

It took a while as I tried really hard not to mess up. Also, I ended up having to use my paint brush quite a bit to do touch ups because I was a bit stingy with the paint on my stamp. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, though!

Just how pleased?

This pleased.


Enjoy! Let me know if you make any of your own dino shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment