Monday, January 7, 2013

Journal Prompt Jars

Time: A couple hours
Listening to: Doctor Who
Drinking: Country Peach Tea

One thing that I've realized from my 2012 challenge is that I don't write nearly as much as I'd like. I'm someone who needs to process things and often writing is the best way I can do that. Even though I know this...it is hard for me to sit down and just start writing. It takes a lot of energy so I often don't do it. One thing that I thought might help me begin writing more is my own journal prompt jar.

I first sat down and did a major brainstorm on memories and topics that I'd like to write about. Some are really simple and others are very broad. I took a lot of time in this part of the process because I figured the more thorough it is, the less often I'll have to refill my jar. Then I wrote my prompts out on cardstock and cut and folded. This I did with the help of Doctor Who (Season 3!). I then found an old cashew container that we were going to recycle and made it into my little journal prompt container.

Here's to writing more in 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment