Saturday, March 16, 2013

Amazing Herbed Fish

I have never cooked fish before but I figured I might as well figure it out since my low cholesterol cookbook told me to eat it twice a week. I like tuna usually and also really like perch so I figured I'd start with some lighter fish.

While grocery shopping, my hubby actually listened to one of the over the speaker announcements and heard that fresh cod was on sale so we figured now was our chance! I found a easy recipe and gave it a try. And oh my gosh, it was SO good. I swear this recipe is my new favorite. It is just the perfect blend of flavors.  I only wish that it looked more appealing so I could share a picture!


Delicious Herbed Fish

2 pounds perch or other firm white fish (we used cod)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup white wine

Preheat oven to 350. Wash fish, pat dry, and place in a 9x13 inch dish. Combine oil with garlic salt, marjoram, thyme, and pepper.   Drizzle over fish. Top with onion. Pour wine over all. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

For dessert, we had Swedish Fish which we figured was appropriate for the evening theme. If only we had played Go Fish afterwards...
 

2 comments:

  1. OK...I'm going to try this as I really want to start liking fish that isn't fried with a thick breaded coating! It is a little scary though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fish fan either--but this was amazing. The flavors and onion...mmm!

    ReplyDelete