Saturday, March 2, 2013

Healthy Breakfast Cookies

Let's talk health, folks.

I've learned recently that my cholesterol is much too high. BOO. A very big boo. So I'm revamping my lifestyle a bit to make it actually fall under the category of HEALTHY. Yes, I should have done this long ago, but nothing like a swift kick in the butt to get things going.

So step one is to remove all the bad fat out there from my diet. It has actually been relatively easy so far, although I've only been doing it four days....but the first days are always the worst, right?! I found this recipe for some vegan breakfast cookies that fall completely in my TO EAT category so I went for em! They aren't ooey gooey delicious but they are pretty good--especially when I know they aren't clogging me up!

Vegan Breakfast Cookies


2 mashed bananas
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (one of those individual sized serving cups)
1/4 teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/3 cup mix of raisins
1/3 cup walnuts (I actually used almond because I had them already)
1 teaspoon vanilla
 

Combine ingredients, place on ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for 9 minutes at 350 degrees.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment